Friday, June 10, 2016

Friday Update

With another Arts Centre "Fair" on this weekend, Trish won't be around for much of the time for the next few days.  Plenty of footy on TV so I will be OK.

I am even back on my bike again but I do begin to cough and splutter a bit after 8 or so kilometres.  I battle through it all but will possible consider shortening the ride just a little.  My next visit back to the doctor is a little over a week away.

Spending around $300 for a network drive I talked about in the post below is over the top at this stage.  On the OzBargain website I see where just a few months ago a 4TB version was selling for $190 on special.  I will wait for another special and consider things then.

I received an email from the store I ordered the el cheapo pressure washer from saying they were unable to supply the model I ordered because it was now out of stock.  They asked if I would accept a higher spec model in its place.  The $199 pressure washer arrived this morning by courier.  A good deal for $80!

It has a washer head as well which is just perfect for doing pathways.  It works pretty well. You can't adjust the spray though, you have two interchangeable 'lance' heads, one with a circular spray pattern, the other a flat pattern.

Help set a friend's new android tv box up the other day.  He will be very happy as he is about to have the NBN connected and go onto a new plan.  His current limit will go from 20GB to 1,000GB when the new plan comes into effect, most likely in around a fortnight's time.

Another friend here on our estate is trying out my 2nd android TV box.  I have lent it to him so he can decide if this is the way he wants to go.  He is not using a wireless keyboard but is trying an 'air mouse' I got on eBay.  It isn't very user friendly and he is having problems with it.  He could use another model air mouse or even just an ordinary laptop wireless mouse.  We will see if that makes it easier for him when I pop around to his place later today.

We had a 29° day yesterday, 24 or so today and low 20's (our standard winter type top temperature) for much of next week.  The 6 weeks from mid June to the end of July is probably the coldest time of the year here.

Kate, Arj and family in Saudi are preparing to return home.  Their stuff has been packed and is in transit back to Australia, a trip which takes several months.  Here is a link to Arj's blog where there is a new post. (HERE).  Upon departure from Saudi they head to the U.S. for 6 weeks before returning home late in July.

Their house becomes vacant for them to move back into around the end of August.

The home brew was bottled and is fermenting away nicely. A brand new Dan Murphy's alcohol super store is opening in Caloundra this weekend.  Our drink specials will now be around the corner instead of 15k's away at Kawana.

It is a sensational 24 and bright sunshine outside today!

No comments: