Friday, January 18, 2013

Warm Friday

The last few days has been typical Queensland summer weather.  The top temp has been either 29 or 31 degrees while overnight has been down as low as the high teens.  All very pleasant.  Regretfully there has been little or no rain at all.  So far we have had 8mls altogether for this month.

As the weather warms the wind swings from the east to the north.  Recent easterly winds earlier this week mean we have been getting a lot of dust from the new land development across the road. 

This means we need to be careful with the doors and windows being open when the easterly blows.  Today we have a northerly so the dust isn't an issue.

The PC is running beautifully since its recent problems and hasn't missed a beat. Hopefully it will remain like this.

For the last few days we have been moving between the TV and all the sport, the pool, and in front of our computers.

Trish's Friday Group Quilters doesn't begin again until next week.

We did pop out for a little shopping expedition yesterday.  Trish grabbed a new bike, down to $249 from $449 from our nearest Goldcross Cycles store.  She had a good ride on it this morning and loves it.  After riding her other bike which was around 5 years old and hadn't been used regularly, this one is a dream to ride.  She is on a bit of a fitness trip at the moment and bike riding is an acceptable method of exercise.

I needed to go to Maroochydore for a couple of things.  I wanted to check a couple of things with my phone and our nearest Virgin Mobile shop is there.  The best news I got was that when my 'contract' period is over I can pop any SIM card into it and it should work.

We bought lunch at the Food Court at the main Maroochydore Shopping Centre.  For the first time here on the Sunshine Coast I found some Char Kway Teow available from the Chinese eatery there.  Next time however I will order Singaporean Style CKT as they 'doctor' the dish for Australian tastes.  The cook is from Singapore so he knows how to cook it properly!

Later we popped in to the larger Maroochydore Aldi store.  They had a great bucket and mop deal going and we found a few other odds and ends there as well.

This morning I have been around to Terry the plumber's home and I have spent around $800 dollars for him.  He looks like he is going to buy a new laptop for around $700 and a new wireless modem router for around $90.  I guess I will be helping him set it up if he grabs them later on today.

We have drinks this afternoon so I will be away from the telly and the cricket and the tennis.  I will need to keep up with scores on my phone.

No comments: