Saturday, January 05, 2013

Car Insurance

I want to bring people up to date with a small tactic we tried yesterday regarding our car insurance renewal.  At the moment we are with Youi Car Insurance.  We found they gave us the best deal as we could select and choose the features we wanted for the kilometres we do.  When we first joined Youi our car insurance bill was cut by over $100 from our former insurer.

Last year our car insurance bill for the Hyundai was around $490.  Needless to say we were surprised when this year's bill was closer to $530+.

So I decided to give Youi a call.  We had already found an alternative company which could do our insurance for $440 but with a $600 excess, $150 more than we currently had.

By the time I had voiced my disapproval to Youi 'renewals' on the $40 increase, our revised bill was downgraded to $415 for what appears to be the same coverage as previous.  That is a saving of around $120 and all for a 10c phone call!

(Our phone calls cost us 10c as we use voip for some Australia wide landline calls.)

Trish and I are feeling much better after a full day at home recovering from our Christmas time away.  I will probably ride my bike tomorrow as the weather here is remarkable pleasant when compared to much of the rest of the country.  We didn't even bother with a fan over us last night in bed and I decided not to have a quick dip prior to bed as it was a little cool.

We expect a nice 29 degrees today but I will be spending much of my time in front of the TV watching the cricket.

Last night we watched Skyfall and the first episode of Series 3 of Mrs Browns Boys.  The movie was pretty good and we had plenty of laughs from Mrs Brown.

No comments: