Sunday, January 20, 2013

Summer Heat

We have continued to move between the TV (with the tennis and cricket being shown on it) and the pool the last couple of days.  Yesterday was a little warmer than usual but the ceiling fans and the pool keep things under control. It was a little sticky though with the humidity level up.

Friday afternoon we interrupted our sport viewing and ventured around to friends Ian and Kerrie for drinks.  We sat under their gazebo in the back yard chatting away and enjoying a few drinks.  As it turned out, my missing the One Day Cricket Match between Australia and Sri Lanka wasn't a problem as Australia played very poorly.

I had Computer Club on Saturday and was busy with laptops, android phones and android tablets.  One lady had a new Windows 8 laptop, the first time I had any experience with the new operating system.  It could take some getting used to as it was different to anything I had worked with before.

You can install a small program which makes Windows 8 operate like Windows 7, i.e. with a start button and regular Start Menu.  I think that is what I would be doing.

I do like power boards with individual switches.  This gives me complete control over everything I have plugged into them.  I can determine what is on and what is off. I have a couple of large 8 plug power boards with individual switches which I use for the Computer and add ons and another one for the TV and entertainment equipment.  I noticed a 6 point one for around $20 when we were in Melbourne and nearly grabbed it as a spare .... but didn't.

I was doing a little re-organising of things yesterday and decided I needed an at least one 4 point individually switched power board so I headed around to our nearby Bunnings store.  I found a four point one at $16-20 which was around the going price from what I had seen.  Below that was a twin pack, two 4x switched power boards for $16-60!  Needless to say I grabbed them.

The photo is lifted directly from the Bunnings website, 2 of these for under $17!

Both Trish and I have completed our bike rides today.  I did around 13k's while Trish did a good 30 minutes on her bike. We both had a quick swim in the pool to refresh after the ride in the morning bright sunny warm weather.

Yesterday we had a brisk northerly blowing all day instead of the recent easterly wind.  The pool did not require any cleaning this morning, it was still perfectly clean.  Had the wind have been back to the east and blowing dust in off the new housing development, the pool would have needed cleaning a couple of times!

No comments: