Sunday, December 11, 2011

Problem Solved

I have managed to solve the problem with my PC. I downloaded and installed a small program around two weeks ago called "Soluto". My PC takes a while to startup, mainly because I have so many things going on in the background such as calendars, weather conditions, start up menus, Mailwasher and a few more little utilities. Soluto would monitor these startup programs and tell me roughly how much longer the PC would take to start up.

I noticed Soluto had been 'crashing' a couple of times recently and telling me certain programs had stopped running. I uninstalled Soluto this morning to see if it was causing the conflicts on my PC.

I was right, after uninstalling Soluto I again tried to run ThumbGen and this time it worked. I am guessing there was a conflict there somewhere with Soluto and other programs which now has been solved. I was fairly happy all now seems to be OK once more.

Drinks was great fun on Friday night with plenty of great company, great food and cool drink. We stayed a fair bit longer than we had expected but enjoyed the evening very much. Earlier that day Trish had a great Xmas Luncheon with her Quilters Group. She arrived late for drinks and wasn't hungry or thirsty!

I had my Xmas breakup for Computer Club yesterday and again there was plenty to eat and drink. A couple of the members I help bought me a lovely pen as a thank-you gift. It was lovely!

Thunderstorms rolled through again late yesterday giving us 1/2 an inch of rain in about 15 minutes. Saturday morning had already been wet with steady rain and this morning there was a total of 50mls in the rain gauge.

I managed to get a bike ride in this morning despite the 80% humidity and temp in the mid 20's. There was some spots where there was seepage across the paths but that didn't deter me.

The swim afterwards was refreshing. The pool is quite full again and the temp of the water is around 23 degrees. This morning was hot and sunny but it is becoming more overcast now with a sprinkle of rain around. Rain and more storms are expected tonight.

No comments: