Friday, December 30, 2011

The Home Straight

Christmas has come and gone, we are overfed and have had too much to drink! It has been very busy for us this trip which is good.

Overall the weather has been mild while we had a few showers on Monday. Otherwise it has been great.

We caught up with Arj's side of the family on Christmas night after a quiet but pleasant Christmas day. We were present when the Kate's kids opened their presents in the morning.

Later we enjoyed a quiet and tasty Christmas lunch together.

Boxing Day saw us make our annual trek to Barry and Rainy's down at Drouin for the day to enjoy great company, too many drinks, plenty of laughs and a great time. We did get home a little earlier than expected but I had cricket at the MCG the next day.

I managed to get into the MCG and the cricket for two consecutive days. It was a little on the cool side at the ground especially where I was sitting. I saw the great Sachin Tendulkar bat superbly for India and the two young Australian fast bowlers Pattinson and Siddle (both Dandenong boys) bowl Australia to a great victory.

On the Tuesday evening after the cricket I went back to St Kilda and met up with Trish, Kim and Alex for a lovely Malaysian meal. Trish and I baby sat the kids on Wednesday night after I got home from the cricket while Kate and Arj went out.

On Thursday I did NOTHING! I just sat and watched the cricket on TV and vegged out for the day! I needed a rest badly!

Here it is Friday and we are out for lunch and again for tea. We may be catching up with Kim tonight as well. Kate Arj and the the rest of us are going to a revamped "The Palms" which is a food court style restaurant. The food is usually excellent.

We fly home later on Saturday afternoon where we will be collected from Maroochydore Airport by my brother Geoff and his wife who will spend a few days with us on the Sunshine Coast.

No comments: