Monday, December 05, 2011

PC Won't Do What It Should!

After solving problems for everyone else I am now unable to fix something on my own PC. A couple of weeks ago I started using a program to add 'movie information sheets' to the new media player I have acquired. It has been working pretty hard and I have just about got everything up and running.

I was about to do a few more TV episodes on the media player yesterday and the program wouldn't run at all! It did nothing!

The program "Thumbgen" is what is called a 'portable' program. That means there is no need to formally install it onto your computer from a 'setup' program. It runs from its own folder but it does need something Windows things previously installed (called.NET3.5) which is already in Windows.

I jumped on the internet and found the 'Thumbgen Forum' and left my concern there in a post I wrote. This morning there is a reply from the guy who wrote the program! He wanted me to send him a copy of the log file. I did that for him this morning. I await his answer.

Meanwhile I have had trouble getting my 'old' PC to run. It just wouldn't go. The red light would come on for 10 seconds and then nothing! I decided to move the ram cards around from one slot to another. There are 4 slots and two x 1GB ram cards. I swapped them around, hooked the PC back up again and it worked. I have now installed "Thumbgen" on it and it works perfectly! I have a temporary solution to my problem!

Busy day yesterday (Sunday) with bottle washing. With 2 lots on the go I had a double bottle washing to do.

Our youngest daughter Kim has moved out of the shared flat she had been living in for over 5 years. She has decided to go out on her own and has a small 1 bedroom place in this block. It is about a 5 minute drive from her previous place. It would now be around 15 minutes walk to the main Acland St shops rather than the previous 5 or so minutes. We reckon she will be happy there. We got the photo off Google's "Street View".

We had a blustery cooler change come through yesterday. Today is a cool 24 degrees with a lot of cloud overhead. Showers should extend to rain Wednesday afternoon. We will have to wait and see though on any rainfall!

No comments: