Friday, January 28, 2011

Warm Weather Continues

The pool turned a nasty color of green after I had added a couple of bags of salt to it yesterday. I am guessing it was something in the salt I had tipped in to the pool. It has happened before! However after a day of filtering it is all back to normal again and the chlorinator is working full bore!

The salt I get from Bunnings isn't anywhere near as good as what I get from the pool shop. The pool shop salt dissolves almost instantly while the other stuff seems to take ages before it is all gone. And there always seems to be other impurities in their salt as well. But, salt is salt and my pool is now back in full operation again.

I cleaned the filter cartridge out this morning and discovered where all the green from yesterday had gone! The filter was a mess! Anyway, all is well with the pool right now and the filter is clean again.

I did over 16k's on the bike this morning and as the photo here shows I went down to Pumiestone Passage again. Gee it is pretty down there.

Yesterday I decided (rather foolishly) to mix up another brew late in the afternoon. I had already done a fair bit during the day and it was quite warm. I was a little 'indisposed' and needed a sit down after mixing everything up and carting 23 litres of liquid off to the garage where it ferments. But the brew is on now and bubbling away! As per usual, this now means I have 32 bottles to wash and get dry sometime during the next few days.

Another warm day today with the temp into the low 30's in the backyard. But it is Friday and we always have drinks on a Friday. Today drinks will be at our place. Paul and Linda are busy getting their home ready to sell so they don't need the hassle of having people around. At least being a warm day our pool will be a popular spot!

I take the 'Waeco" fridge outside and this keeps everyone's drinks icy cold.

Trish is off the Quilters today while I put on my Community Association hat and visited the local shops trying to cement closer ties between the association and the local shopkeepers.

I buy computer and other electrical stuff from a place in China. Today a DVI to HDMI adapter I had ordered arrived. Here they cost about $20 but from China they cost $3.50! After a two week wait the adapter arrived but the problem was it didn't work! I tried it unsuccessfully in a couple of places. I had previously bought two of them and they had worked fine. I have now ordered a different type but this time I am paying a whole lot more, $3.80!

No comments: