Wednesday, January 05, 2011

On The Road Again

I am pleased to be back on my bike again since our return home from Melbourne. I have had two good rides of over 13k's each day now but I am on my way by 6:30 and back home by 7:15 am. The weather has been quite warm and humid after all the rain. The pool is lovely and warm so a swim is always pleasurable. I have my camera with me whenever I ride so I have been able to add a couple of 'posts' to the Community Association website too. After all the rain and with public holidays the grass around our estate is going wild.

The photo above left shows the view this morning looking over Caloundra from Pumicestone Passage. A little heavy cloud cleared to a mainly sunny day. However we return to wet and stormy conditions overnight and into tomorrow.

In round figures Caloundra usually gets 65" of rain per annum. 2010 saw us have over 100" of rain with almost 27" falling in December. December's average usually is about 6". So it has been very wet indeed. The floods are about 500k's from where we live so they are of no danger to us. However everything smells of mildew. We have spent a little time wiping all our leather goods clean. I gave a couple of items outside a quick pressure spray earlier today to remove some mildew.

Our bags from Melbourne have now been unpacked and most of the washing has been done, is now dry and has been packed away. My computer has been upgraded with all the stuff from our time away. Emails have been answered and virus definitions updated and a couple of programs have been updated.

On top of all this Trish decided to change the furniture around in the lounge room. This required moving the entertainment unit along about 18". It took a bit of time but we manged to move it. I had been promising a couple of other tidying up things so I did these too. The photo shows the new setup.

I bought a 'wireless dongle' for the new media player when in Melbourne. I connected it yesterday and now I am able to stream video directly from my computer to the media player and onto the TV. It is quite impressive!

There is plenty of cricket and tennis on TV at this time of year so we haven't been watching movies as yet. However we may have a look at one tonight.

No comments: