Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Little Cooler

The pool has had quite a workout this week with most days sunny and above 30. Nights are pleasant enough, we put the ceiling fan on "Low" and sleeping is no problem. As usual at this time of year there is always some humidity around. I usually have a quick swim before heading to bed at night, this too ensures a good night's sleep. A 'cool' change went through yesterday so today is expected to be high 20's rather than 30+.

Busy doing the pre Christmas and a trip to Melbourne things the last few days. Pool water has been checked at the Pool shop, lawns are to be cut, and general tidy things up prior to getting away. One of my riding mates (Tony) will be looking after things while we are gone and I am sure he and his wife will use the pool.

Trish has been busy with End Of Year Christmas lunches this week for Stitchers and for Quilters. Trish also attends a Trivia Night each Thursday with a group of girls (including our GP). They were just pipped for first prize on Thursday night with a Tie-Breaker question required to split the top two teams.

Yesterday was the last day for 2009 for the Computer Club. Again I was busy helping some people out. When I got home I did another bottling. My beer supplies are now all up to date! The boxes are looking a bit tatty now and are probably due for replacement

We have enjoyed a couple of good movies which I have recently downloaded or copied from the TV. One was Samson and Delilah (which has just won the best Australian movie award) and the other was Balibo. We found Samson and Delilah a bit slow but Balibo was a very good movie.

The pool filter cover has been painted and all looks pretty good back there. My shoulder is improving but could be another three weeks yet till all is fine again. It is to do with the shoulder Rotator Cuff. These can take quite a while to heal.

Noticed some oil under the car during the week. It appears to be the result of a spill when it was serviced recently. It certainly sent shockwaves through the place as we are driving to Melbourne on Wednesday! Not sure if I will use that car service centre again after this. I even had oil dripping on to my driveway yesterday.

I had a call from Eddie saying tests had all proved OK and he was pretty fit for a guy his age. We will enjoy a couple of beers together when we get to Melbourne.

No comments: