Saturday, December 05, 2009

It Is Saturday Already!

Time flies! I did not realize it was so long since I last posted here on the blog.

My trip to Kingscliff was great. Kingscliff is about 200kms from here just over the border with New South Wales. I have to drive past the Gold Coast and its theme parks to get there. The road is quite good and there are improvements to it each time I drive down. Graeme lives in an apartment which overlooks Gudgen Creek. As you can see from this photo taken from Graeme's balcony, it is a bit more than a creek. The new boardwalk footpath will take away his privacy and the unit right next door is now a permanent rental. Graeme has just sold the unit and with the changes going on and the loss of privacy it makes selling the apartment seem less of a loss. We had a few drinks, a lot of laughs and a bit of a look around the town. I drove back home on Wednesday.

I had put a brew on the previous Sunday and this means a bottle washing session as well as a bottling has to be done during the following week. It is now Saturday morning and I have just finished bottling. The brewing equipment is drying in the sun after it has been cleaned. 32 bottles are now spending at least two weeks completing the brewing process before they can be chilled and enjoyed.

There has been plenty of cricket on TV the last couple of days so much of my time has been spent camped in front of the TV. Trish is still in Melbourne and she is loving her busy time down there. She is flying home on Tuesday.

In between I have been finishing off the pool filter cover by re staining the timber and putting primer over the metal side strips. I have added a small cover for the Controller which keeps the hot sun off it, especially the plastic covered control pad buttons. The plastic cover can harden in the sun and crack allowing water in.

This afternoon I have a public meeting of the Community Association to attend. 6 of the 8 Committee members are unable to be there today so I have to drag myself away from the cricket on TV to run the meeting and help with a sausage sizzle. Not happy about it at all! I will give the Computer Club a miss today.

I had a call from my brother this morning where he is now at Beechworth. He hopes to give us all a call again on Christmas Day when we are all in Melbourne.

No comments: