Sunday, December 27, 2009

Drouin And Then To The Test Match At The MCG

Our trip to Drouin was great. Again there was too much to drink and too much to eat. Plenty of friendship was found there too. It was great to catch up with everyon again and exchange our news. The weather was cool with a breeze ensuring people kept jumpers and jackets on. Trish had had a great Christmas day and was in a form of "Recovery Mode" for Boxing Day so we arrived back in Berwick that evening while there was still plenty of daylight. I think Trish has her brother's funeral on her mind too.

Today (Sunday) Trish dropped me at Berwick Station and I travelled almost an hour into the city and the Melbourne Cricket ground (MCG). I arrived at the ground much too early, got a sensational seat and settled down to enjoy the day's play. The cricket was slow and the breeze was very cool again. However I enjoyed the day very much. I played for Dandenong when I played cricket many years ago. Peter Siddle (Australia's opening fast bowler) plays with Dandenong too so there is a real interest here.

I travelled home by train as far as Springvale where I met with Trish as well as very good friends Eddie and Patsy. We all enjoyed a wonderful Vietnamese meal together. It was a great end to a great day.

I won't head in to the cricket as early tomorrow. Early tomorrow morning (Monday) Trish is driving Kate, Arj and the two kids to Tullamarine Airport for them to take off for Perth in Western Australia for a two week holiday. Perth is expecting 40 degrees.

On Tuesday we head north to Nelson Bay and the funeral with two major stop offs on the way.

No comments: