Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday's Post

For me Wednesday was quiet. Trish went to "Stitchers" while I stayed at home and messed about on the computer. I took a walk during the afternoon after my 10k bike ride earlier that day.

Wednesday was our Wedding Anniversary so we decided the Dicky Beach Surf Club would be a great spot for a meal that evening. The place was very busy but we found a table and enjoyed a generous serve of Lamb Shanks along with a couple of drinks. The meal was extremely enjoyable and the Dicky Beach Surf Club will be a great place for us to take visitors. They had raffles there too. Trish ran into a few of her workmates from when she worked at Sunshine Coast Private Hospital and she enjoyed catching up with them.

About 7:30 we headed to the Caloundra RSL as they had some entertainment on. A group was doing Tina Turner and Janis Joplin songs. We enjoyed the show very much, had a great night out and enjoyed a few drinks. Needless to say we both slept well

Thursday I had arranged to pop around to another friend's place and set up his home network and do some more work with him on getting movies. I was there all day. The networking again did not go well. I think the problem was his firewall. But we got it to kind of work OK. We will swap his firewall over I think. We also checked out his sound set up on his TV. For him to get things to work the way he wants requires him to spend a bit of money.

Friday was again a bike ride first thing and then around to Tony's place to sort out something to help stop him getting spam emails. A quick check of my brew found it was ready to bottle so I hastily washed and dried bottles.

Tomorrow (Saturday) is Computer Club and I am doing a presentation on Add-ons for Firefox.

Read the story below, I enjoyed it.

No comments: