Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday In Melbourne, Victoria

We flew out of the Sunshine Coast Thursday morning to arrive in windy Melbourne mid afternoon. The wind has kept blowing ever since. After spending time with the 'lad' and his family Thursday evening we finally arrived at Kate's 9:30 pm well and truly ready for bed!

Friday was then spent catching our breath and keeping an eye on the grandchildren, James and Charli while Kate and Arj went to work. Trish found this an extremely pleasant duty. I mowed the lawn ready for a family BBQ on Saturday afternoon. I then left the house about 4:30 pm and drove to Holmesglen railway station where I caught a train to the M.C.G. to watch the first of my Aussie Rules Finals. It was great! I enjoyed it immensely. I watch all the games on TV when at home but then nothing beats just being at the game live. I eventually hit the cot at about midnight after another train ride and a 25 minute drive.

Though still a bit weary, I awoke Saturday morning to the sound of children just rising! Later that morning it was to the park for a swing and a play on some of the equipment there. The wind continued to blow but the weather was fine, sunny and reasonably warm. The photos on this page show Charli (top) on a see-saw while you needed a battering ram to get James off the swing.

Mid afternoon Chris and family arrived for a late lunch BBQ before I left the gathering again to head into the M.C.G. for more footy finals. I really enjoyed it, catching up with some mates that I used to go to the footy with 20 years earlier. We had a few beers, but not too many. It was 11:30 before I was again home and heading to bed!

Sunday was an R&R day for me. I spent some of the afternoon baby sitting while the others headed to do some shopping! Tonight it is out for tea, I expect o be in the cot a lot earlier than 11 pm tonight! At last it seems the wind is subsiding!

No comments: