Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Spring Is In the Air

A real summer feel today, mild overnight temperatures, sunny mornings and mid day temps about 24 degrees. This morning I was into my summer routine of watering the garden and cleaning the pool before setting off on a 10k bike ride. The forecasters are still promising a wet Thursday night and Friday with cooler winds over the weekend.

Texas Lou was saying that they are well over 1000k's from New Orleans and their forecasters are saying that they won't feel anything from Cyclone Gustav. They have had plenty of rain there, enough to have her lawns lush and green.

Yesterday I received this video. Now I get lots of videos sent to me, most are not suitable to have in my blog page! But I had a good grin with this one and I hope you do too. Sorry to those on a dial-up connection, this may take a bit long for you to access. After clicking on Play, the 'pink' line shows how the clip is downloading and the red line shows how the clip is playing.



The movie file is 4mb so I will let you work it out how long it will take to download and play depending on your connection. Once you have played it once, the file is temporarily stored on your computer so you can then replay it again smoothly. Start it playing, go and make a cuppa and by the time you get back, just hit play again!

Usually we get pretty good TV footy coverage up here but now the finals are on all the footy goes to the Free To Air Channels. Trish's team Hawthorn plays on Friday night and this is the only game we are not getting 'live' on TV or the radio this weekend. We will have to listen to the game via the internet. I can set it up so the the internet radio coverage can be heard on a small transistor radio. It is a few seconds lagging behind 'real' time but it is better than nothing! I had the same problem during the 2007 finals series.

All other finals will be 'live' on TV.

No comments: