Friday, January 25, 2008

Back On The Bike

It must be over 6 weeks since I last was riding the bike for morning exercise! It seems we have now 'recovered' from a 5 week hectic social life with visits to Melbourne then hosting people back up here again. The pool was vacuumed before 6:30 am today and I felt quite keen on having a ride on my bike before breakfast! So off I went!

It seems the recent rain has created the odd problem or two for anyone using the local pathways. As you can see from the photo, the grass has grown and now encroaches onto the pathways! Elderly walkers, especially those with dogs (and it seems there are many people with dogs around here) take up a fair bit of the pathway. Many have poor hearing so they don't hear me when I ring the bike's bell as I approach them. But we seem to manage OK.

The "Duckponds" area has been finished and cleaned right out. The rain has made this spot an extra pretty spot for people to stop and take a spell.



And of course the Pumicestone Passage is always a very attractive spot. I finished up doing about 14 k's overall on today's ride and enjoyed a quick swim when I arrived back home.

I have been busy downloading movies off the net recently and we have watched a couple of good movies recently. "Charlie Wilson's War" is probably worth a look. It tells the story of a US Congressman who convinced the US Government to support the covert war in Afghanistan against the Russians. Unfortunately when the Russians left the country so too did the US support, then the terrorists moved in initiating (and arming) much of the conflict the world now endures.

American gangster was enjoyable too.

The share market is trying to claw back some of its recent losses.

The reformatted laptop runs beautifully now. It is amazing what a huge difference reloading Windows XP and the programs has done. Up to this stage it has not lost wireless contact with the internet and the home network!

No comments: