Monday, November 26, 2007

A Great Weekend

Trish is still down south and I believe had a great weekend catching up with people and attending Charli's 2nd birthday party. From what I hear everyone had a great time.

Meanwhile, here on the Sunshine Coast, I had some visitors drop in from down south from my from my teaching days while principal at Langwarrin P.S. As many of you know, L.P.S. was involved with an International Exchange Program for senior primary school aged students. There was usually one exchange each year, we hosted their delegates from overseas while later our delegates travelled there.

Trish and I took a delegation of 6 students to new Delhi in India for 3 weeks. We became very close with those kids and their families. For everyone it was a life changing experience.

One of the students was Daniel and yesterday he, his Dad and step mum spent several hours here altogether. Daniel is the person who I have mentioned in my blog before as an engineer who was working in Dubai at one stage.

We had a very quick look around Caloundra, took in lunch at the King's Beach Tavern and then a quick swim back here.


Terry and Jan were attending a friend's 50th birthday party in Noosa and flew up from Melbourne for a few days. Daniel is currently based on the Gold Coast and drove up for a couple of days to see Terry and Jan.

Last week I had some attention to a tooth. It has flared badly and I am in some discomfort but I cannot get in to see the dentist until tomorrow (hopefully). I can still eat on one side and a cold drink does not set it 'off'.

I also have a 'bottling' to complete today! The tomato plants appear to have improved following getting a good serve of fertilizer.

No comments: