Friday, November 23, 2007

Friday's News Update

Awoke this morning to another fine day but with a build up of cloud expected and a max of about 26 degrees. I was enjoying a coffee in the kitchen about 6:20 am and I noticed some ripples from the pool. A closer inspection showed a cane toad (a local pest) had spent the night swimming in the pool. I removed it and put the two iron to work! Those who have been up here to see us will know what I mean.

After coffee it was off for another 13 kilometre bike ride at about 6:30 am before it gets too hot. Upon my return home it was time for a quick swim to cool off at about 7:30, then a little tidying up, a shower and get ready for another trip to the Chiropractor by 9:30.

While much of this was going on I also converted a movie I had downloaded overnight called "Romulus, My Father" which gets a great ranking on IMDB (Internet Movie data Base) at http://www.imdb.com/ - a site worth putting in your "Favorites".

The Chiro recommended I spend the afternoon quietly to allow my back to recover. I said I will sit down and watch some more cricket on TV. She said I should get up from the chair from time to time and have a short walk. I will do this, I will walk from my chair to the fridge to fill my glass with more home brew! She said that this wasn't exactly what she meant!

I have a bit of a problem with the two tomato plants we have planted in pots in the backyard. Some of the leaves are turning yellow and eventually a whole 'branch' of them will wilt and the branch falls off. Bunnings told me they needed a good feed which I have given them. I hope this fixes them up.

Remember you can click on the photos for a larger view, then hit "Back" to return to this page.

The longer I have the new computer the more small problems I have with Vista. Trish has taken the 'new' Fuji camera to Melbourne and I have been left with the old Pentax. I went to load the Pentax drivers so the computer could 'see' the Pentax OK and I could download any photos I may have taken. Because the Pentax is an older digital camera, the drivers are compatible with Windows XP, not Vista. There aren't any Vista drivers for this model camera.

I can get around this by using a 'card reader' Trish gave me. I pull the CF card out of the camera and place it in the card reader, then plug the card reader into the computer and download the photos that way. A bit messy but at least I can get the photos off the old camera.

We are expecting thundery rain tonight and into tomorrow and cooler temps. Texas Lou says they had their first snow last night, just before their "Thanksgiving" as seen in this photo from her. A few days ago she said they had temps in the mid 20's, then last night it snows!

Tomorrow is Federal Election Day.

No comments: