Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday's Latest

Yesterday I watched Victoria defeat South Australia fairly comfortably to finish third overall in the week's series of one-day cricket matches. I had another yarn with John Wright, ex NZ Test Cricketer and he remarked on the great conditions his players had enjoyed here on the Sunshine Coast. However he wasn't too pleased when Tasmanian Travis Birt made 195 N.O. including 10 sixes and 9 fours and led his team to a comfortable win over the New Zealand 'A' side.

I had a chat with Lyall Johnson who is a sporting journalist with Melbourne's "The Age" newspaper. During our discussion he spoke about the three players he felt were competing for the Victorian wicket keeping spot. And guess what, there was an article just about that in today's 'Age'.

There was some great cricket over the week and I enjoyed every ball I watched.

Have you ever thought of adding an RSS link to this blog page? At the foot of the page is 'Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)' If you click on this you will find yourself creating an RSS link to this page. This photo shows my 'home page' which I see every time I connect to the web. I have made my own home page with Yahoo. I believe Google has a facility where you can create your own home page too. Those headlines you see are links to an RSS Feed. By clicking on the Posts (Atom) link above you can make direct links from the blog page to a home page which enlists the use of RSS feeds. Click on the photo for a larger view, then click on "Back" to return to this page.

The email program Thunderbird can also receive RSS feeds and then the headlines are always there!

An RSS Reader will also accommodate RSS Feeds.

No comments: