Monday, February 26, 2007

Shortage Of Land?

According to what you read in the newspaper, there is a land shortage for building homes going on at the moment. Our estate here on the Sunshine Coast is going ahead in leaps and bounds though I wonder really how the first home buyer can afford to build in areas such as this. We are about 4 k's from the beach so definitely not in one of the higher priced Sunshine Coast areas. A small block such as ours goes for about $145,000 to a large 600 s/m+ block for almost $200,000. In between sized blocks go for between $160,000 and $175,000 approx.

By the time you put a house and surrounds on it you are looking at a total anything from $300,000 for our sized place to $375,000+ for a 4 bedroom double garage place here at Bellvista.


But none of this seems to have slowed sales or building in our area. Another option which we are seeing more of is that of medium density living. We have a 'Retirement Resort' here as well as a fully 'gated' community of 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom units. This is another medium density development being built now.

Have you noticed the counter at 'Visitors To My Blog Page'?

It isn't very accurate I am afraid as it records all visits everyone makes. Each time I put a post on I sometimes have to revisit the blog page three or more times to ensure things are spaced correctly or to polish up some of the text I have typed. Each time I revisit the Blog Page it seems to record another 'hit'. So of the 50 or so hits the counter currently has, about 30 of those are from me fine tuning each post as I put it on the Blog Site.

No comments: