Monday, February 12, 2007

Lots Of Swimming

The day started off with a 13 kilometre bike ride before breakfast. The beer I am brewing seems to have brewed very quickly and could be ready to bottle in a day or so. This meant bottle cleaning had to be done!

I have had a problem with the plasma TV since we had bought it. There was always a problem with getting the lips of people to move in synch to the sound when playing through a sound system. The new sound system I bought 12 months ago has an adjustment so you can adjust the sound synchronization so it all works pretty well. Samsung (the screen manufacturers) have now overcome the problem but it means getting the screen firmware updated via computer. I had tried this before. The repair guy had improved it but not fixed it. Samsung have given me another phone number where it is guaranteed the problem will be fixed. I was able to organize that today all under warranty.

We decided to head to the beach!

The waves were dumping and they were pretty strong too. It is times like this you realize that you are not as young as you used to be!

However I got a few great rides and bathers full of sand and seaweed! Isn't it amazing where the sand and seaweed can get!

Scrub up pretty well for an old guy! My birthday this weekend coming up! Here I stand before you all, living proof you can fatten a thoroughbred!

Back home for a swim in the pool before enjoying my daily internet 'fix'.

In Les' Links there is a link to the web page I made following our Vietnam and China trip mid 2006. At the foot of each page at that website was a link to the 'old' blog page I had. I had to work out how to update the website to the new blog page address and then upload all the pages again. I got there eventually!


I see a few people have downloaded the DVD copy program RipIt4Me. This program is updated regularly and is currently up to version 1.6.9.0. I have put a link to the download site in "For Hard to Copy DVD's" which always has the latest version available for download. Remember however you will need another three programs for RipIt4Me to work, Fix VTS, Shrink 3.2 and DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0. Visit the 'How To Do It Web Site' link for all the instructions you will need!

I see where Virgin Airlines has 'specials' to the Sunshine Coast from Melbourne at $89 one way! These specials go through to June 21st and are not available on all flights or all dates.

No comments: