Tuesday, April 03, 2018

On The Road Again!

Let's start with the weather for a change. 

Most nights as we head off to bed sometime after 10pm the outside temp is still around 25° and a bit sticky.  Though the days remain at around 30° it has been extremely windy ... and wet with showers almost daily. 

Up until the last few days anyway when we now may get a rogue shower from time to time.  But with cyclonic conditions prevailing off the coast bringing sheets of rain further north of us, the wind has been blowing consistently, day in and day out.

Not ideal bike riding weather at all.

The bike rear wheel saga continues.  The replacement wheel when I eventually got to pick it up didn't fit.  Into the middle of all this came Easter with holiday makers and heaps of traffic.  The place where I get the bike sorted is around 15 minutes away in a shopping homemakers centre.  So weekend visiting isn't a good idea.

Everything is kind of back to normal today with the end of the holiday break, so I took everything back yet again to the bike shop.  He agreed with me that replacement wasn't right and asked me what I wanted to do.  I asked could he do a deal on a new replacement bike.  He immediately cut $50 off the new price ($349) and added the $20 I had paid for the secondhand wheel. 

So I now have a new bike with new everything, brakes, tyres, tubes, gears, the lot!

I picked it up this morning and within an hour or so of getting it back home I have moved over my favorite bike seat, sorted out the carry basket, speedometer and bigger and better bell I always prefer.

As usual the move didn't go altogether smoothly but all seems great now.

Still no news on the mower at this stage.

My footy team played Trish's footy team yesterday with a 1 point result going Hawthorn's way.  I was always a bit scared that a defeat was on the cards as several of Geelong's crucial defenders are injured and with retirements from last year they really are just a group of kids playing there at the moment.  They were vastly undersized and inexperienced for some of the opposition's older and stronger players.

The fiasco with the cricket in South Africa continues.  The sooner it is all over the better.

This week will be busy again for Trish with the Arts Centre.  I have Community Association business this evening.

But at least daylight saving has finished down south which means the whole of our part of Australia is in step again!

No comments: