Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Home Now For A Fortnight

It is two weeks since we returned from Melbourne.  During that time my footy team continues to rack up losses while Trish's team does a little better.  It seems even at this early stage that neither of our teams will be heavily involved with any finals this year.  But there is still a long way to go.

The weather has returned to Sunshine Coast usual, that is high 20's during the day and high teens or low 20's overnight.  This afternoon the pool was over 25° and great for a cool off after doing stuff around the house and in the garden.  The lawn sure needed a mow!

I am well and truly back on the bike and riding daily.  I have managed anything for 22k's to 14k's in any one day.  It just sort of depends on what I feel comfortable do on that day.

I finally got the mower back today with the replacement coil and I am $90 lighter.  I was chatting with the next door neighbour and he said he has a spare mower if ever I need one.  There were a few utterances of poor language when the spring that holds the whipper snipper spool in place sprang off to who knows where.  Having a Bunnings a few k's away proved very handy in this case.

Trish continues flat out with the Arts Centre and seems to have something to do with them most days.

We have set up a couple of the Computer Guys and their wives for nights out.  Last week it was a local Indian Restaurant which was extremely busy with take away (school hols of course) and not overly expensive.  It was a great night out.

I run an Ethernet over powerline (EOP)setup to stream movies from the office to the media player.  This process uses your home's electricity wires to move internet or network stuff around the house.  I grabbed a refurbished setup a couple of years ago and it worked perfectly.  I now suspect refurbed is not the way to go when I noticed wifi was being used to stream local files rather than the EOP.

eBay to the rescue and two new EOP power setups are on their way.

Plenty of great stuff to download and watch.  The TV series 'Waco' was enjoyed and we have a couple of our detective series to watch too.

Life's pretty good right now.

No comments: