Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Still Showery

It is well over a week since the weather has been against my daily bike ride.  The punctured tyre is still well inflated but it hasn't been tested yet for well over a week.  Today was possibly the first day I could have ridden but I had a 'computer event' to get to at 8am our time this morning.

But I am glad I didn't get to ride because soon after 8 am it began to rain .... again.  But at least the wind has died down.  However with a cyclone forming way out in the Pacific Ocean mountainous and dangerous surf conditions are forecast from today onwards.  The rainfall total for March is now up to 156mls!

We head to Melbourne this time next week arriving at Tullamarine Airport around 5:30pm on Tuesday.

My computer date at 8 am this morning was to apply for a couple of Balcony Passes for two AFL games I am getting to, Carlton Vs Richmond and Collingwood Vs Hawthorn when in Melbourne.

At this stage it appears I have been successful for both games but I now must wait for confirmation by email.  I know both sets of passes have been submitted and received.  When I eventually got through to the Carlton Vs Richmond application site the option to apply for Long Room passes was no longer available guessing that those particular passes had all gone.

The website just sat there loading for for a couple of minutes before I could get through to apply for Balcony passes!  Eventually I got there, ticked what I wanted and hit "Submit".  The little 'loading circle' started up and went on for some time.  Then I got the message in the photo above saying the application had been received.

So now I just sit and wait for the confirmation email to arrive.

That is just about all the news I am afraid.  The wet weather has certainly stopped getting out and about a bit.  Now I need to sit patiently!

No comments: