Thursday, March 22, 2018

Off To The MCG

Here we are in Melbourne on a lovely sunny Thursday. The opening of the AFL footy season is on this evening and I am heading there later this afternoon with my son-in-law Arj and grandson James.  They are both mad keen Carlton barrackers and we have our tickets and balcony passes and are ready to go.

Arj and James are both at school today but are getting away nice and early so we can get the best possible seats in the MCC members section.

I am heading in again on Saturday night with Trish and Kim for Hawthorn and Collingwood (again into the members area) and I am seeing Geelong and Melbourne on my own on Sunday afternoon.

We return to Chris and Wendy's home Monday night which is around 10 minutes drive from Tullamarine Airport for our flight back to Queensland on Tuesday.  So it is three AFL matches over the weekend for me which will have to do me for the 2018 season.  But you never know!

We are hoping Kim will be well and truly over her virus come Saturday.  She was laid up for a day just as she began a new job.  Putting on a brave face she made it to work the following day.  Hopefully the improvement continues into the weekend and the trip to the MCG.

We are kind of hamstrung a little without a car but usually unless there are extenuating circumstances we get Kate and Arj's second car as long as they don't really need it.  However we are loathe to drive it unless we really have to.

The nights here have been delightfully cool and it is strange for us to be sleeping under the doona.  At home it is possibly just a sheet or nothing over us.

The lawn mower refused to start again on Friday so it went back to the repairers.  They loaned me a mower and I got the lawn cut.

There are two broken spokes and a severe buckle in my bike's rear wheel.  I am guessing it is a result of the prang I had last year into that gate.  But I have ordered a new wheel and all should be 'all is go' when I get back home on Tuesday of next week.

So that's about the news at this stage.  The photo shows Kate's patio with the clear blinds they had installed.  Yes it is the perfect place to dry clothes on days like today!

No comments: