Monday, April 03, 2017

Cool Glorious Cool!

After a long, scorching, hot summer just after lunchtime. the outside temperature is around 25°. 

After a 16.5k bike ride this morning the pool temperature was a coolish 22.5°.  Needless to say this morning's swim is best described as 'bracing'.

Though not cool enough for a light quilt to be over us all night, the ceiling fan was left turned off last night.

I tend to wake up early and around 5 a.m my time (6 a.m in Melbourne) the daily sports radio show which focuses on AFL begins on Melbourne's SEN radio comes on. Today it began at 6 a.m as daylight saving in the eastern states has finished.  We are all back in sync again as far as the time goes.

I have a Community Management Committee Meeting to chair tonight, a task I really don't look forward to with so much pleasure as before.

With my hearing problems the audiologist put me onto quality wireless headphones around 8 years ago.  It wasn't long until Trish was after a pair as well.  Time, the heat, the humidity and my oily skin took its toll on my headphones.  I received a new set valued at over $300 for my 70th birthday.  They are just great.  Meanwhile Trish was still wearing the older model and was beginning to have hassles with drop outs and interference from the ceiling fan.

I found a new pair exactly the same model as mine on eBay for a little over $200!  They are Sennheiser TR 165's.  This was a real bargain and they arrived mid last week.  I have now set them up for her.  She loves them.

From all the news reports it appears Caloundra 'dodged a bullet' with remnants of Cyclone Debbie.  There are up to 20 smaller trees down across the estate and there was a major loss of power (which we missed) for much of the estate.  The power was off for around 15 hours closing many of the local shops.

We can thank ourselves quite fortunate indeed.

My footy team has won both matches so far this season with the second match being a thriller and just a 1 point margin.  Trish's team has not fared quite so well.

Don't tell anyone and just keep it as our secret but for the first time ever I have a legal fully paid version of an anti virus on my computer.  I like Eset Nod 32 as my anti-virus and usually I have been able to scrounge a working username and password somewhere on the internet.  My little OzBargain website had a note about a three day special deal for Nod32 which I decided to purchase. 

I got a fully paid legal licence for 3 years for 2 computers for around $38.  That works out to be a little over $6 per year per computer.  Sorry but the special has finished now!

No comments: