Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Over A Week

As you would have guessed my new electronic toys have kept me occupied for a few days.  I really didn't need any help for my personal health after my footy team was soundly beaten on Saturday and thus out of the finals for this year.

After watching nearly all footy games throughout the year a performance such as that was 'par for the course', one very poor quarter when the other team got the jump on them and then virtually blow for blow for the rest of the game.  The final difference in scores was just about the same as the difference at the end of the first quarter.

So now onto the cricket season!

The weather is certainly getting warmer with shorts and T-Shirts now the norm.  Socks and shoes have gone and have been replaced with scuffs and sandals!  I have enjoyed several swims in the pool as the water temp struggles to get into the low 20's.

The wind has returned to the south the last few days bringing back colder nights which knocks the water temperature around like crazy.  The wind has been consistent and a little blustery.

We continue to prepare for the Bali trip in April 2017 for one of my nephew's wedding.  All up we will be there for a couple of weeks.  My sister is going (of course) so we all hope to hook up for some good times and a get away from it all.

We have booked some of the accommodation so far.

Computer Club remains busy as well.  Yesterday (Monday) a guy came around with his new Dell Laptop for a setup!  All is now done and he is a happy fellow.  His former laptop is to be reformatted later this week and will then become a Home Theatre PC on which he will install Kodi and connect to his TV.

Then on Monday I helped out 2 other people and just now I have had another call from a guy wanting some clues on Kodi as well.  It keeps me occupied and my mind off the disastrous footy weekend just gone.

A trip to the pool shop is in store to get the pre season chemical update completed to ensure a safe swimming period ahead.

We are both well and enjoying a busy life here  ..... but I am not looking forward to a trip to the dentist later this morning!

No comments: