Wednesday, September 07, 2016

A Little Wet Underfoot

Tuesday was just like a blast from the past with the weather up here.  It was showery on and off all day and needless to say a bike ride was not going to happen.  Altogether I tipped 11mls from the gauge.  And the wind was very cool as well!

A Footyless weekend on TV has just come and gone.  I can now watch the 'local' Melbourne VFL games though as I stream them via Kodi so at least there was that.

As the photo shows it was a brewing week.  With no AFL footy on Saturday it was easy to pinch 40 minutes and put a brew on.  Bottle washing day was on Monday.  Bottle washing is always completed by sanitising where I spray the inside of the bottles with a sanitiser and then leave the bottles to dry with sanitiser all over them.  Around 48 hours later I like to give each bottle a rinse to get rid of as much as the sanitiser as I can after it has done its job.

So the bottles and caps are drying again in the backyard after their final rinse.  Most likely I will do the bottling on Friday. I will need to keep an eye out for passing showers too today while things are drying.

So it is all the same old news just regurgitated yet again!  But I do get a buzz out of it all.

I received my phone calls and Skype calls from the kids for Father's Day.  Kate has a new 4 month teaching job and Kim begins with a new company over in Perth as well.

On Monday we had the Community Association's 3rd Public Meeting for the year so there is just one more to go.  I chaired the meeting and then got a report up on the website early the next day.  It is becoming a hassle I don't really need I think.  The guy who does the Newsletter is away so I got that job done as well.

On Monday the PC went into overload as a huge update came though.  I am guessing it was the "Anniversary Windows Update" as it took the best part of three hours to complete.  I have some new icons back again on my task bar and I lost many of my 'sharing' settings.

But the "sharing" is all back again now.  I use the 'sharing' quite a lot.  For example I took the bottles drying photo on my tablet this morning.  I then get the option on the tablet to save it.  I can save the photo from the tablet to my desktop when the sharing is activated.  It is very handy and does away with the need for cables and the like.

The next door neighbours (to our right as you face the house) are selling.  They own the dog that bit me and used to terrorise us up and down own sideway.  She is OK but he doesn't want to chat much.  So many of their trees have been pruned, hedges cut back and the house painters are back doing the inside.  I suspect the For Sale sign will go up in a week or two.

A guy bought a latest model Minix Android TV Box after I had spoken with him.  It was under $160 delivered with the better remote control.  So all in all it was a great deal he got on eBay.  It arrived late Monday by parcel delivery so I spent an hour or two with him yesterday (Tuesday) setting it all up.  That was fun!

We have footy this weekend, (my team plays Trish's team on Friday night), a bottling to do on Friday so there is a few things to keep me going.

There is always the outside 'spring clean' to do as well. 

No comments: