Sunday, July 24, 2016

Just Ridiculous

Yesterday (Saturday) we had a top temperature of over 31° and yes it is still the middle of winter and it is the coldest 6 weeks of the year in this part of the world!  Some freakish weather conditions caused warm air to be blown down from the Northern Territory giving the Sunny Coast a record warm day.

Last night I was enjoying watching my footy team on TV as they found some form again and had a strong win all with the ceiling fan on! Just ridiculous for this time of the year!

Things are getting back to normal today, a top of 23° and a clear blue sunny sky.  Tonight should be appreciably cooler with low double figures for the overnight minimum.

For the latest on Kate and Arj's trip in the USA click here.  Kim is home resting up after her trip to the USA as well.

Trish is busy with 40th Birthday celebrations 'Exhibition" for CACA.  She even did a live on air radio interview Saturday morning.  I think she is glad that is over.  But today (Sunday) she is back in again as the celebrations continue.  They had bumper crowds through the doors yesterday and are hoping for a second big day today.

Our daughter Kim has some favorite TV series which I may have downloaded and she can playback on her media player.  The media player is getting a little outdated and file format technology is passing it by.  There are more and more video formats it just won't play.

This is a major reason why I dropped my WDTV in favour of an Android TV Box.  In a package we recently sent her was a 32GB memory stick with some of the series she likes in a format her media player can handle.

I have decided to give my second android TV box to her which will allow her to play all the files I can obtain... This will leave me down on a backup TV Box.  The second is handy to have to play with, to lend to others and to show around.

The pic above is of a cheap Android TV box which I have ordered to replace the one I am giving to Kim.  It has cost under $50 to buy and have express posted from China.  Like many of these cheap boxes from China, this box does have some shortcomings but as a media player it is sensational value.  It is due in a week or two. (http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_366030.html)

Meanwhile the guy over the road is having TV tuning problems, it won't pick up any of the free to air channels.  He has been busy downloading TV stuff for his wife to watch.  So currently the second android TV box is at his place where they can easily go on line, find any TV series she likes and stream them directly to the TV.  No downloading is required. They have a huge download on their internet plan so all is going nicely.

I guess he will be in the market for a cheap box shortly.  He is waiting for my unit to be delivered and expects to follow suit and buy one once it gets a tick of approval.

I have just completed another bottling this morning and am now having a PC spell while I get things back into order.

My nagging cough has disappeared so the new inhaler is working well.  As it turns out it is a form of exercise induced asthma.

No comments: