Sunday, July 17, 2016

Cool And Damp

It is Sunday and the weather is unseasonally cold with overcast skies, a strong breeze and the occasional shower.  We awoke to find 13mls in the rain gauge. The weather was around 15° mid afternoon yesterday so the reverse cycle air conditioning had a bit of a workout.  However as we set off for bed around 10:30pm the outside temp had risen to 18°.

So overall, it is good inside sort of weather.  The inclement weather began yesterday and this had quite an influence on the turn out at Computer Club with numbers down considerably.  This gave me time to chat to a couple of members about the program FreeTelly.

The easiest way to tell people about a few of the intricacies of the FreeTelly setup is for me to make all the information available online as a backup to me telling them.  So I added this page to my MediaHowTo website (HERE).  I have even added a pdf download of the page so people can print the info off and have it beside them as they give it a go.

Most have my contact details as well so I expect the odd email during the week with a 'can you help me' request.

At least my footy team won a tight game the other night where as Tricia's team had yet another close win.

Kate Arj and family are in Albuquerque in New Mexico as they drive across the USA.  They are due home in around 3 weeks.

I moved my PC to Windows 10 several weeks ago.  The move has been quite successful and solved several issues I had been experiencing after the PC had been on Windows 7 for almost 2 years.  The build up of extraneous files over two years and the resultant slowing down of the PC has all been overcome with the move.  My PC now loads in around a minute at startup.

Microsoft's offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 is due to expire at the end of July.  With this in mind we bit the bullet and switched Tricia's laptop to Windows 10 as well.  The switch went fairly smoothly with only a slight problem with the printer and her Dolby Sound capability.  Two downloads from the Asus site and the Brother Printer site had those dramas under control.

I am pretty sure she hardly notices any differences between Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.  I put a program called Start Is Back which makes the Windows 10 start button behave the same as the previous Windows 7 start button and solves heaps of problems not only for her but for others making the move to Windows 10.

Last night we watched the first two episodes of 'Stranger Things', the new series from Netflix.  It gets a great IMDB score of around 9.3.  It is a little Sci Fi but not so bad.  It does have an "E.T" feel to it with the major stars being kids.  We look forward to watching the rest of it.  It is only 8 episodes long so that shouldn't take long to see.  

No comments: