Tuesday, July 05, 2016

A Wet Day In Store

After some chilly mornings followed by bright sunny days, today Tuesday is showery.  This should clear later this afternoon with the sunshine due back tomorrow.

Today is Kim's birthday and there are birthday wishes galore for her on Facebook.  They are currently in Las Vegas and staying at the Bellagio.  Needless to say it will be a big day for her.

I completed my bottling on Sunday in nice sunny weather so all my beer supplies are back to max.  An India Pale Ale I had brewed a month or so ago was ready to drink so I dug a couple of bottles out to try.  It is nowhere near as nice as the Little Creatures brew but was quietly drinkable.

We have lashed out another three dollars per month each and upgraded our phone plans so we now have over $1000 worth of calls and 3.5GB of data each all for $28 per phone.  Being a 'budget' phone company this upgrade didn't go smoothly and as it turned out I was without my phone being able to make calls for about a day.

But all is working again now.  As it turned out we needed new Sim cards unbeknown to us.  These sim cards had to be posted out and not knowing we needed new sim cards we were just waiting for the upgrade to go through.  I got online yesterday (Monday) and sent them a please explain message.  An hour later my service was cut off!  I then discovered I would have to wait for a new sim card to arrive before it would work again.

The new sim card arrived this morning (Tuesday) but I thought it would need activating.

I unsuccessfully tried to activate the new sim online this morning.  A wait on the phone for 10 minutes or so  while I rang customer service followed.  I then discovered it had already been activated.

But it working fine again now.

The TV series Game of Thrones gets great scores yet it is a series neither Trish nor I could get into.  However we felt we may be missing something so last night we started to watch the latest series.  Neither Trish nor I are into dragons, ghosts, giants and magic in any TV series.  So when a giant strolled through the front gates of a walled city at the beginning of episode 2 that was it for us.

The delete button came into play and we began to watch a UK Police drama series called Marcella.  No dragons, ghosts, giants or magic in that one!

The Hyundai Sonata we own is getting on to ten years old now but has only done just over 100,000k's.  Being a 6 cylinder motor, there is heaps of years work still in it.  We are tarting it up again and getting some small dents knocked out and a nasty scrape on the front bumper resprayed.

I had the dents done this morning for $70 and the front will be re sprayed early next week for $200.  It will be great to have it back looking good and new again and all for less than $300.

No comments: