Thursday, August 20, 2015

Here Comes The Showers

After of few weeks of sunny skies the "Sunny" Coast is in for a few showers.  The large High Pressure area is headed to New Zealand so our winds have gone around to South Easterlies blowing onshore from the sea and bringing with it the inevitable few showers.

After a 'fine' morning this morning, the clouds have rolled in and we have had a shower with just enough rain to wet the road surface at this stage but that is all.  With the cloud, the sun has disappeared and the temps have tumbled from the low 20's to just a whisker under 20.

When Trish headed south for 12 days I had a list of chores to get through while I stayed back at home on my own.  So far I have cleaned the pavers, washed the cars including cleaning the windows inside and out, mowed the lawns and mopped the floors.  I still have to clean the inside of the living area windows.

Though not 'huge' jobs by any means getting them done along with my daily bike rides, over to a friend's to do some stuff on his computer, getting involved with Community Association stuff and any resultant update of the website life, has not been quiet.

I also have my daily computer series of tasks as well (of course!).

Tomorrow Friday I have a mate coming over to have a look at Kodi on my PC during the morning.  Hopefully the inside of the windows will get done as well and Trish wants me to head into town to get a couple of books she has reserved at the library.

Then of course there is sport to watch on the TV.  As well as the cricket coming from the UK tonight we have all the footy games coming up live over the weekend.

Keeping myself well fed hasn't been a problem either.  My tastes are fairly simple and I certainly haven't gone hungry while the 'boss' is away.

So as you can see it is the same old stuff and life goes along quietly.  I have watched many of the TV western and war series I have been saving up for when I am on my own.  I have enjoyed them, especially Band of Brothers which scores around 9.6 and is almost the top rating TV show ever.

Hopefully the showers clear away but the forecast says it will be wet early next week when our caravaning friends Russell and Irene arrive in town after being away from Melbourne for a couple of months.

No comments: