Friday, August 21, 2015

And The Rains Came!

When I got out of bed early to make my morning cup of coffee around 6am, I checked the rain gauge and saw it had around around 10mls from overnight rain.  It is around 2 hours later as I type this and the rain gauge is now showing 25mls or so.

This is only the second wet day for the last 4 weeks.  So the rain is very welcome indeed.

The recently pruned lillypilly in the front yard is just loving it.  You can almost see the new growth sprouting as the rain falls.

Despite the rain, I have the washing machine going.  There isn't a lot to wash but enough to fill a couple of clothes horses which I will need to set up.  I have plenty of time and the rain may clear and give us a little sunshine.

It won't too take much to get it all dry!

I have a friend coming around this morning to check out Kodi.  He is a keen on technology so I am sure he will be impressed with it.

John just loves this sort of stuff and we will have a good time together.

No comments: