Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Off We Go!

We will leave home around 3:30 our time this afternoon for our flight to Melbourne.  It leaves at 5:20 pm our time and arrives in Melbourne (if on time) before 9pm.  Not exactly as we had planned but it will be OK.  So the last few days have seen us preparing for the trip.  Cases are left open on the '2nd Bed' and every time we remember something one of us scurries off to fetch it in and pack it away.

Hopefully we will remember everything.  And hopefully Australia will take the last 5 wickets quickly before we are due to leave, win the third test in Perth and win back "The Ashes"!

It will be around 28 degrees here today, the pool had warmed to a lovely 29 degrees yesterday and was still 27 this morning after my 12.5k bike ride.  I see Melbourne is in for a stinker of 40 degrees on Thursday.  But it will be back to a wet and miserable 21 on Saturday when we are away with the all the family at Ocean Grove.

The new bike has had a couple of teething problems which are now dusted and sorted.  I have transferred my seat, my bike speedo, my carry box and handle bar grips from the Fuji over to the Fluid.  I took the new bike back to the shop yesterday as calipers were rubbing on the front disk.  It is hard enough to ride into the wind let alone having the front brake rubbing.

The bike seems a pretty good deal when you consider the money I paid for it.  I am not disappointed at all.

My next post will be from down in Melbourne.  The kids will all be at school Wednesday and Thursday.  Most likely Charli and James will come with us to Ocean Grove Friday around lunchtime.  Kate and Arj will be along later.  It should be a great time for all of us.

At this stage Trish and I will be popping in to see my brother Geoff and Jeannette on our way home Sunday.  They live about 30 minutes away from Ocean Grove.  There is a good chance we will spend the night there before returning to Berwick on Monday.

No comments: