Monday, December 09, 2013

8 More Sleeps To Go

We leave for Melbourne by air in a little over one week.  Though after a couple of phone calls to Melbourne today I am not sure I am looking forward to the weather down there.  Today has been very wet in that part of the world today so the feedback says.

The 2nd Test match in Adelaide is over and Australia leads the series against England by two tests to nil.  I don't think anyone would have predicted that scoreline before the series commenced but the Australians have come out with all guns blazing and have easily won the first two games.

I would have to ensure all my daily jobs were done by 10 am our time here so I was ready to sit in front of the TV for the commencement of the day's play.

That would mean an early start to my ride, then a swim and finally get any jobs completed and be out of the shower ready to watch the day's play.

I did all this yesterday (Sunday) and even managed to get my final brew for 2013 on.  It is bubbling away quietly in the garage as I type.  As play at the cricket finished by midday our time today I had time to wash the bottles and they are just about dry around 4pm on Monday.

Our deal with Pay TV provider Foxtel with a $20 per month discount ended a few weeks ago.  I rang them today and was able to negotiate a new deal for the next 6 months.  Without too much hassle we now get a $25 per month discount, which though still not cheap, makes having Pay TV attractive for us.

With the cricket on TV I wasn't at Computer Club too long on Saturday.  On Friday we headed to the Curry Bowl with a mate from Computer Club and his partner.  The food was OK and the company excellent.  We really had a good time.

We didn't get to Friday drinks. Kerrie and Ian are away for two weeks and the Lehmann's had family commitments with Xmas not too far away. So we went out for tea instead!

Most days are sunny and high 20's.  Two words describe the weather, absolutely and magnificent. We could do with a drop of rain and there is some indication showers and storms are on their way later in the week.

No comments: