Thursday, December 05, 2013

Another "Melbourne" Day

We are experiencing a day with strong N/W winds just like we used to have on those terrible stinking hot summer days back in Melbourne.  The wind here today is hot and we are experiencing a day with the house all locked up and blinds drawn.  The air con may get a run later on.  It makes the solar energy we put on during winter a great deal.

It is also a 'cricket' day with the Test match cricket from Adelaide live on TV and I may add NZ Vs West Indies on Pay TV as well!  I did spend a little time yesterday watching the match from New Zealand!

I finished up Tuesday afternoon by bottling my latest brew.  It sure took the pressure off Wednesday as I was able to spend a fair bit of time sorting out Community Association business prior to switching the telly on for the cricket.

I had few episodes of various TV series and Movies to download as well. I managed a copy of "Prisoners", the latest Hugh Jackman movie.  It gets 8.1 on IMDB which ranks it in the top 250 movies!  I didn't think it was that good but was quite enjoyable (if a little slow) to watch.

Yesterday's bike ride saw me down to the beach again.

We certainly live in a pretty spot with places like this so close by.  Both yesterday and today I got in my 12+k bike rides followed by a swim in the pool.  Even yesterday afternoon saw me hop back into the pool again and relax for the best part of half an hour.

Click on either photo for a larger view.

We have had our shelter in the backyard now for several months. It is most likely one of our very best additions to our home.  Our backyard is small and enclosed.  This has meant that it gets very warm out there indeed.  The new shelter has made a huge difference to these temperatures.  Being so high it not only keeps the beating sun off, but it allows heaps of room for the breeze to circulate ensuring it is extremely pleasant.

Hopefully it will still be warmish to sit out side in winter.  It should be as the sun is lower in the sky and will still shine in under the shelter because of its height.

The rain delay for the cricket in Adelaide is just about over so I am back to the TV!

No comments: