Monday, August 09, 2010

Once Was Sunny

Monday and the footy is over for another weekend. Both our teams (Trish and mine) were defeated over the weekend so I am not unhappy the footy part of the weekend has come to an end. Lovely sunny days (with brisk mornings) have greeted us for a week now and most days I have enjoyed a bike ride. I say 'enjoyed' but the enjoyment only starts about 4kms into the ride after the initial chill has been overcome. This morning is overcast and showers are due to return today with rain expected tomorrow.

There hasn't been a lot of news since I last posted. Trish's team came 3rd in her Trivia night on Thursday, I got to fold and deliver 140 Bellvista Connector newsletters on Thursday. As per usual, Friday drinks were very pleasant around at Paul's place.

I have washed another 32 bottles for my next Home Brew bottling.

The guy I have been helping connect to the internet has now been connected. Everything is working fine for him, his internet and email. Though it took a little bit of time to get everything running properly.

This has lead me to find a 'free' program called TeamViewer which I have now installed on my PC. If you run a related program called TeamViewer QS (download it HERE) on your computer it allows me to work on your desktop at your place but from my PC here at home! I have only tried it between my PC and Trish's laptop and it works well. It is rather strange watching your cursor move around your screen when it is coming from my PC on the Sunshine Coast!

TeamViewer QS does NOT require installation. You just double click on the program and it comes up with an computer ID address and a password (see picture left). You tell me the address and password (email/Skype) and I key it in on my TeamViewer on my PC. My computer then 'connects' to your computer and I am able to work on it as if I were there beside you!

There is another link to where you can download TeamViewer QS (2.2mb) under "Les' Links" on the right hand side of this page.

I have been busy updating the Community Association website over the last few days. I take my camera with me when I head off for a bike ride. We have a couple of man made lakes on the estate and both have been nearly completely covered with algae. They are both being cleaned now and look heaps better. However unless we get a heap of rain and the lakes are flushed out, they will return to be as unsightly as ever.

We also have a small shopping centre being built on the estate. It will have a reasonable size supermarket, newsagency, chemist, doctor, cafe, etc and be a wonderful asset for the estate. It is due to open in 6 to 8 weeks. I have been busy updating the website on a regular basis with all the latest developments. This photo was taken a week or so ago and more has been completed since then. You can follow this and all the local Bellvista news by clicking HERE.

We are flying down to Melbourne next week for three weeks so we are beginning to prepare for that getting some jobs out of the way. Packing will begin in earnest in about a week. We leave here on August 19th and return September 9th.

No comments: