Wednesday, August 04, 2010

It's Wednesday

The weather has reverted to 'winter' from the warm days of late last week. Overnight is generally single figures while days are in the very low 20's. Nice and sunny but yesterday was very windy making it feel much cooler than it really was. I have again been back on my bike getting in between 13 and 14 k's per day. Yesterday was too cold because of the strong wind so I had a day off from bike riding.

I am involved with the local Community Association and do both the Newsletter and website for them. There are 8 newsletters per year and just recently was Newsletter publishing day. So I have been busy with that.

The Community Association met with the Estate Developers to hear the latest news on the next stage of our estate. That was interesting too as there are some local issues which require addressing that won't be covered in the new development. Again following the meeting there was website to update and people to be informed. The new Newsletter now means I have 130 A3 newsletters to fold and then deliver. That may happen tomorrow, weather permitting.

I am hoping to get a little in front with my home brewing as well. I had an 'extra brew' on and that needed bottling. That job was done yesterday but followed up immediately by putting on another brew. Yesterday was a home brew double whammy day, a bottling and another brew on!

I am also helping a Computer Club member swap ISP's. He is moving over to a budget provider called TPG. One of the problems with a budget provider is the level of support which is available (or should I say NOT available). That the application (the incorrect bank details for direct debit were incorrect) was messed up didn't help either! With all this in mind, the local club member decided to change his modem log in details before he had been swapped over. Now he can't get on the net at all!

Trish has been busy with Gym, Tourist Information Centre, Stitchers and Quilters. A couple of ladies only luncheons have been on her agenda too. This means it is a little harder for me to get the car. Anyway I don't feel like driving in to town to fix a computer connection that someone else messed up.

Spent a little time cleaning the pool this morning. It was a bit of a mess following yesterday's strong winds. I gave the garden a water too. Our backyard is protected from cool breezes and the outdoor thermometer was saying it was about 24 or so up in the back corner at 10:00 am this morning.

And I have just heard my brother Geoff will be back home again on August 14th. I am looking forward to catching up with him when we head to Melbourne on August 19th. We return home on Tuesday September 7th. I expect to be able to get back into the pool about 3 or 4 weeks after that!

I hope you got a laugh out of the jokes below.

1 comment:

小玲 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.