Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's A Very Warm Sunday!

They are promising us a very warm summer for this year. If today is any indication it will be very warm indeed. 28 is expected here on the coast today and Brisbane is looking at a record breaking 33 for tomorrow. It is expected to cool down on Wednesday as August's traditional wind, the cool south westerly returns. It is Wednesday we fly down to Melbourne for a fortnight, returning here September 9th. The 'new' laptop will be accompanying me this time so I can keep up with blog stuff.

Thursday and Friday were fairly quiet with just a little shopping on Friday where I obtained some new swimming trunks. You need a collection of them here as you can spend a fair bit of the summer's day in your bathers.

On Saturday we had a surprise visit from Wayne and Launa, another couple we know from Drouin in Victoria. They were visiting friends on Bribie Island about 40 minutes from here so they popped up for a visit. We showed them around Caloundra and enjoyed a lovely lunch on the balcony of the King's Beach Tavern. We enjoyed a walk along the beach front and onto the boardwalk, then to a great lookout on "Queen Of Colonies" a spot at Moffat beach which looks north along the coast towards Mooloolaba. This spot overlooks the some good surf spots and was Steve Irwin's home surfing spot. From there we visited the Dicky Beach Surf Club and the Caloundra RSL. They seemed very impressed with where we live. They hadn't been here before. The photo is back from our trip along with them to the Whitsundays.

I had to leave the Computer Club early to catch up with Wayne and Launa but I had been pretty busy there so being called away was a blessing in disguise. We will see Wayne and Launa again next Saturday at the party we are heading down south for.

Today has already been busy with BeCA Newsletters to be delivered. It is not my favorite chore but I was able to deliver my section of the newsletters on about 90mins. Then it was back home to bottle the brew I put on early last week. This will ensure I have plenty of supplies for when we return from Melbourne! I did some stubbies (see the photo below)this time and they need to be 'capped'. Usually I use plastic bottles with a screwtop but the capping takes a little extra time to do.

Footy results this weekend weren't good for my side, they are in the midst of a form slump and the finals are just around the corner! Trish's team had a good win and are an outside chance to make the finals. Next week's round is the last before the finals commence the week after.

No comments: