Thursday, August 09, 2007

Quietly, Quietly.

Not a lot happening.

A couple of shortish bike rides is about all. I continue to busily download movies from the internet. The quality is quite reasonable (at least as good as what we get on satellite pay TV). We recently enjoyed watching "Mr Brooks" with Kevin Costner. A couple of nifty surprises at the end of the movie ensured we enjoyed it very much.

Movies are usually downloaded as an .avi file. These have been converted from the DVD format to make them easier to download because of the file size of a full DVD. A converted .avi file is about 20% of the size of the original DVD. I then use a program called ConvertXtoDVD which takes about an hour to create the DVD files and then burn them onto a DVD disk.

Most of the downloading of the movie occurs overnight when my Broadband Plan gives me a special 'off peak' download allowance. I have found another little program called Internet Download Manager which allows me to 'program' the movie download to happen after midnight.

Let me know if you want either of these programs and I will get them to you at no cost.

Today we purchased a quick to fit bike rack so we can take our bikes a little further away and enjoy some rides along the coast. The rack model we bought sells quickly so we had to get in early in the month to ensure we got one.

My new home brews are bubbling nicely and I expect to be bottling early next week. I guess bottle washing is on the agenda in the next day or so.

A cloudy day today but with temps about 24. They are expecting up to 27 on Saturday.

No comments: