Thursday, July 26, 2007

Plenty Of Sunshine

We awoke to a beautiful sunny day with the temp expected to get to about 22 degrees or so. Not a cloud in the sky and more like the weather we should expect at this time of the year. Yesterday my chest cold did not improve at all as the day went on and by last night I was feeling a bit the worse for wear. However things seem to be better today, and morning like this certainly helps.

A month or so ago I received an email from a lady (Lou An) in West Texas who had stumbled across my blog page. Lou An discovered her computer in her mid 60' about 8 years ago and now really enjoys it and gets on the net and surfs most evenings. After successfully installing my webcam yesterday it was time to test it out via the free program "Skype". It was 8:30 pm Wednesday night her time when I contacted her (11:30 a.m. Thurs here). Skype is a free service and the possibilities are just incredible. Lou An posed for me on the other side of the world as I took this photo for the blog page.

The house next door has been sold and the new owners move in some time next week.

Tiger Airways have announced 3 flights per week from Melbourne (Tullamarine) to the Sunshine Coast. Introductory airfares from Dec 1 to Mar 29 have been set at $59-95 one way. I would expect the competition between the three local airlines will see each of them with great specials available.

No comments: