Sunday, July 22, 2007

Back On The Sunshine Coast

We arrived back home on Friday shortly after lunchtime. We stopped in West Wyalong and Goondiwindi both about 600 to 800 kilometres driving each day. Most of the time since arriving home has been devoted to getting things sorted out again. There was unpacking to do, cleaning up, cars to wash, pool to clean, backyard things to be put out again and then to top it all off, the second car would not start. RACQ service fitted a new battery and it was mobile again and I was $135 poorer! Catching up on sleep has been another high priority!

Just before leaving Melbourne Arj's wireless broadband was connected, a little late to allow us time to set things up. He seems delighted with the added speed and the wireless connectivity.

Weather on the trip home was clear but very cold. For the first time since records have been kept, the Sunshine Coast recorded a minimum temperature of -1 degrees. It was the first time there had been a frost here! There was a lot of 'road kill' as we drove home. For those overseas, "road-kill" is animals which have been struck by car. The most common animal is the Aussie kangaroo. In some places there was one dead animal every kilometre. They cause a lot of damage to cars and cause many drivers to stay off the road over night time hours.

I was keen to set up my new cheap webcam I had bought in Melbourne on the PC. After setting it up and creating a Skype account I found both my printer (a Canon i350) and external DVD burner would not work properly. When I removed the webcam and associated drivers the printer worked again! I updated the printer driver and reloaded the webcam driver but still the printer would not work. One of the hassles associated with buying cheap computer hardware I suppose from non recognised manufacturers. I am in the market for a 'known' brand webcam!

Any one want to buy a cheap webcam?

No comments: