Thursday, March 01, 2007

For Hard To Copy DVD's

I have just uploaded a new version of RipIt4Me. It is 1.7. You no longer need to use another little program which was called FixVTS. So now to copy a hard to copy DVD eg Narnia, you only need RipIt4Me 1.7, DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 and Shrink 3.2.

It is only a 170kb download and you will find it in the links on the right!

I am looking to update my computer. I had a great day yesterday doing the rounds of local computer shops trying to finalize what I want.

I have always been keen on Dell but I see if I go for the new Windows Vista you really need 2GB of RAM and the Dell only comes with 1GB. I think I can get a better unit by buying locally. I like to do a little playing around with video and I am told to be safe you need a good quality graphics card as well. By the time you add these features to a Dell the price goes through the roof. I also like the idea that if I have a problem I can put the computer in the car and have it to the place I bought it from in under 30 minutes. But my current Dell has been great.

I still want to wait until April or May and see how Windows Vista goes before I make the plunge.

We are keeping our eye on a cyclone which is forming in the Coral Sea. One prediction is it will then head south bringing heavy rain to SE Queensland. However there are several predictions as to what is going to happen. Preliminary warnings are being made regarding preparation for heavy rain and strengthening winds. There are two big surf carnivals on this weekend here on the Sunshine Coast so the big seas should make them spectacular events!

No comments: