Monday, October 17, 2016

Blowing A Gale

It is blowing a gale outside, (slight exaggeration) with a possible storm on the way later on today.  The storm (if we get one) will be mainly a little thunder and rain without any strong destructive winds.  The Weather Bureau is saying there is a 70% chance of getting something in the rain gauge.  It is around 27° and it is mid morning as I type.

The clothes line is full!

The new floor coverings are due to go in today so we have been busy emptying the two bed rooms which are to be done.  I have just dismantled our double bed but we will request they cart out the mattress.  The bed and mattress are to be moved from the second bedroom as well.

So there is stuff all over the place, the garage being the major depository for most things.  With a windy warm day outside Trish has taken the chance to wash everything and anything from the bedding.

I suspect a trip to the chiropractor will follow later in the week.

There is an enjoyable movie for you to watch called "Mr Fantastic".  When I first saw the title I suspected it to be yet another one of those Marvel comic character movies but when I saw an IMDB score of 8.1 I looked again.  We enjoyed it very much.

We also finished off the final 2 episodes of the ITV period drama "Victoria", the story of a young Queen Victoria as she ascends the throne as an 18 year old, marries her cousin Albert and begins a family.  It builds on the success of other UK period dramas such as Downton Abbey.  And I read the BBC is doing a 6 10 part series period drama called "The Crown" which will trace the life of Queen Elizabeth.

The PC is back to 100% again after getting the electric shock on Saturday.  Considering everything I was quite lucky to get away with only a $50 repair bill.  The PC is over a couple of years old now and I am hopeful of getting another 12 months or so out of it.

We continue to wait patiently for the floor covering installers to arrive.

No comments: