Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Hectic Couple Of Days

It was great to have our visitors arrive just after lunch on Saturday.  They arrived around 1pm.  Regretfully for me I managed to pick up a full blown version of Trish's recent head cold before their arrival so I have been coughing and spluttering my way throughout their visit.

As usual we ate too much, drank too much and managed to have a great time.  My cold worsened before it improved so by now, Tuesday, just before lunch I am around 90% over it but I remain stuck with that ever present cough I have endured for the last month or so.

I did hit the sack a little earlier than the rest over the last few nights and managed a few good nights' sleep.

Mick worked in the IT field before his recent retirement so we get on famously.  I showed him all over Kodi and he is heading off to give it a go when he gets back home to Newcastle.

Since retirement recently, Mick has become an "Apple" convert and now has his I-Phone, his MacBook and his Apple TV.  Apple doesn't make the installation of 3rd party apps like Kodi easy to add to their devices but it appears where there is a will there is a way.  YouTube guides could show Mick how he can install Kodi on his Apple TV.  How well it works when it is eventually installed there will be up to him to find out.

They have left this morning to catch up with friends for lunch in Brisbane before heading on to the Gold Coast Hinterland for a secluded hideaway spot.  It looks very nice.

Meanwhile we will easily slip back into watching streamed or downloaded shows, bike riding or getting involved with our local organizations.  With the trip to W.A. and the cruise and then home to welcome visitors we have been working hard for over a month now.

The weather is delightful and quite uncharacteristically warm for this time of year.  It remains in the the mid 20's during the day, perfect for sitting and enjoying or walking around outdoors.

No comments: