Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Where's The Cool Change?

A cool change usually doesn't mean much here on the Sunshine Coast.  Instead of being 34 it is 30 instead but the big difference can be in the humidity level.  A cooler change was expected this morning but our little thermometre says 34 right now and humidity around 70%.  It sure feels hot outside and it is just on lunchtime.

I have made it to 70 years of age! We usually don't do much regarding presents here on the Sunshine Coast between Trish and me so I received a wonderful surprise when I was presented with a large parcel containing a new set of Sennheiser wireless headphones.

The best part was the accompanying card with birthday greetings from not only Trish but the three kids and their families as well.  It was great.

Trish and I have used headphones now for some time as they are great when watching TV.  A big hassle with downloading my own TV and movie shows can be the audio that comes with it.  The headphones allow you to pick up nearly every word.  And me being half deaf doesn't help either!

My current wireless headphones are around 8 years old now and having fairly oily skin (I will spare you any more details!) they were probably ready to be retired.

I have the new headphones set up now and they work fine!  I missed my bike ride this morning just to set up the new present.  I am delighted.

They were just the set I had been looking at but I had had some concerns.  Would a second headphone sender interfere with the first original sender thus making the other headphones useless?  They are supposedly 'digital' but did I have a digital output from my amplifier to work them properly?

I am pleased to report they work perfectly in tandem with the original setup.  They use a different wireless range so there isn't any interference, and the digital refers to the signal transmitted by the new sender and has nothing to do with a digital input.

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes via Facebook, email or phone messages.  The phone has been running hot this morning, just like the weather outside.

I think I should celebrate with a beer or two during lunch and across the afternoon!

1 comment:

Judy Wood said...

Hi after talking today, I'd like to give you a cuddle - distance is a problem. Love you big brother xx enjoy your day