Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wednesday Update

As you can probably tell, the cricket from New Zealand has just finished so I have levered myself away from the telly to the PC and my Blog Page.  Australia has won the cricket reasonably comfortably.

Being a live telecast from NZ meant that with time difference play started live on TV in my lounge room around 7:30 am our time and was all over around 3pm daily.  So watching the game takes most of a full day and with an early start, it even meant my bike riding went on the back burner as well.

I also needed to get a home brew on so I brewed on Friday and bottle washed before the cricket telecast began on Monday mornng.

I did slip off to Computer Club and missed around 2 hours play early on Saturday.

With home brew commitments and the cricket on TV I decided to have the crank between the pedals on my bike checked out at the bike repair shop during some bike riding time off.  I dropped it off before lunch on Thursday and it was back, serviced and the crank replaced by late on Monday afternoon.

It now runs beautifully again.  I was up a little earlier than usual the last couple of days for an abbreviated ride.  I was out of bed by 6:20 am, completed an 8k bike ride, had a quick dip in the pool and was sitting in front of the TV by start of play at 7:30!

So there really is very little news.

We did check out a new restaurant for lunch on Thursday, a Thai place down at Kawana which was very nice and it was economical as well.

My birthday evening meal the night before at the Dicky Beach Surf Club was OK at best.

And tonight we will use my Club birthday freebies at the Caloundra RSL.  They are a little more generous than other places we have been to with their giveaways but the food won't be flash.  The meal will be 'pub like' so I may need another tablet for reflux after we get home.

I continue to 'play' with my Android TV Boxes and am having great fun just setting them up as I like it.  There is some experimentation going on and I am discovering the more I get into Kodi, the more mind blowing it is. I have updated all devices to the latest version of Kodi called "Jarvis".

Currently I have Kodi on my PC, my old laptop, two android TV boxes as well as my android tablet

I even can see myself moving from downloading movies to internet streaming more and more.  Last night a movie I had downloaded had severe audio problems around 5 minutes into it.  So onto one of the 'streaming Kodi addons' I went and did a quick search.  I found the movie we had been watching and fast forwarded through to where we were up to and continued on.

The movie stream worked perfectly with quality as good as what I had downloaded.  All in all it was a very satisfying experience and worked well.  It is a shame the movie was just so so!

A friend from Computer Club is also into making his own alcohol.  He had a 1.125 litre bottle for me on Saturday.  My home made "Sambucca" supply was down almost to none left.  I am pleased to report my Sambucca supply has been updated to 'full' again and that it tastes pretty good.

No comments: