Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Time For A New Post!

The weather has remained mild here in SE Queensland and life rolls on.  The Android TV Box keeps me occupied (and frustrated at times) for a fair bit of the time. Then there is the usual hum drum of events.

I had a tumble from the bike this morning, only the second time in the 10 or 12 years we have been here.  I was trying to avoid an older lady walking in the middle of the pathway.  I pulled off onto the nature strip; then as I was crossing a 2" lip on the concrete of the footpath, the bike's front wheel didn't grip and slid sideways along the lip. Down I went.

I thought the photo I took of my skinned right knee was a little over the top so I have decided not to put it on this post!  The major area of hurt right now is my left wrist which is where I landed on the concrete footpath.  My pride didn't spare too well either.

We had a short trip to the shops earlier today (only a couple of k's away) and the old Telstar was making quite a noise after we pulled up at home.  There was a a rusty water mark all over the engine near the top radiator hose connection.  I am guessing that hose has split or something.  The car is cooling right off now and it is booked into the local car service guy later today.

We had a Skype call from Kate the other day just before they flew out to Istanbul for their short Term 1 break.  Right now they are in Turkey having a look around the capital city!  Needless to say Istanbul's Grand Bazaar will be a highlight!

While on Skype we managed to put a few plans into place for their trip to Melbourne at Christmas.  It looks like the whole family in a holiday house scenario is on again.

On Thursday of last week we headed around to Ian and Kerrie's for drinks.  From the way I felt for much of Friday I guess we had a great time!  It was fun though catching up.  Four of us travelled over to their place together so we grabbed a cab to get home safely.

Trish is a little happier with her footy team after a good win on Friday night.  They have another crunch game this Friday coming, the loser is out of the race.

It has been quite dry as well with this being the driest time of the year.  The forecast on Sunday was for a possible overnight shower.  That 'possible overnight shower' actually turned out to be 24mls in the rain gauge the next morning, almost an inch of unexpected but badly needed rain. The lawn and the garden loved it!

It is around 28° and the pool should get to about 22° later today.  However it is the cool overnight that kills the temperature.  I looked for a swim this morning after I finished the bike ride but 20.3° was just a little too brisk even for me.

So now the news is up to date, a little more interesting than usual ... but not much!

No comments: