Wednesday, September 23, 2015

A Little Sick & Sorry

The longer yesterday (Tuesday) went, the more painful any leftover injuries from my tumble from the bike became.  But the hurtful bits were from places I didn't realize I had hurt.

By late Tuesday afternoon my left hand and wrist were extremely painful despite cold compresses and a couple of bottles of home brew beer!  Then I would reach up for something and I would find another sore spot on my right shoulder.

There was the skinned knee and the cut on my toe as well to contend with. No way was I in any condition to ride the bike this morning.

By this morning my wrist, though still aching, was a lot stronger than the night before.  I had problems unscrewing my home brew beers the wrist was so sore.  When I awoke this morning I felt like I was aching all over! I was pretty stiff and sore.

It is now early Wednesday afternoon and I still feel a little stiff and sore but I can again use my left hand almost 100%.

This was extremely handy as I had another brew to put on.  The number of empty bottles I have had reached over 20.  This number of empties triggers the need for the next brew to go on.  By the time I get a total of 30 empties, then I have enough bottles for the next brew.

So I have around a week to get 10 more empties, wash them and sterilize them all ready for the bottling.  So a bottling next Wednesday seems a good bet!

Today is somewhat cooler after a lovely warm day yesterday.  Still it is mid to low 20's and hardly a cloud in the sky.  The breeze is now from the south bringing cooler air from Southern Australia over us.

It should be back on the bike tomorrow I suspect.

Still no news on the car.  I told the guy of that if the problem was just a 'blown' radiator hose, then they could give the car a service.   I wasn't going to fork out too much cash if the over heating problem was more drastic and therefore quite expensive to repair.

We reckon the old car hasn't been serviced for a couple of years!  It gets driven only a little once every few days and then for very short trips.  Or maybe they had problems getting the correct replacement radiator hose and needed to have one couriered up from Brisbane?

No comments: