Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Localized Rainfall

I have mentioned how localized rainfall can be here where we live. We had very heavy rain for about an hour between 3 am and 4 am this morning. It just poured down. When I eventually emptied the rain gauge this morning I tipped out 50 ml.

Later when on the internet I saw that Maroochydore about 20 ks north of us received a paltry 2.5 mls while Brisbane which is 70 k's south of us (as the crow flies) did not register a drop.

The pool is full of water again (up to the overflow) and the garden has had its best drenching for a month or so. It won't need any watering for a few days after this. I even managed to get out this morning and feed the front lawn. All will be a beautiful green again in a few days.

The weather is overcast and grey with temps climbing slowly to the mid twenties. I see Victoria is getting it hot again today!

No comments: